Terms & Conditions
1. This website is operated by Casks and Barrels Sdn Bhd (Registration No. 202001041477). This website is available at: www.thewhiskynotes.com and may be available through other addresses or channels as per our discretion.
2. By accessing and/or using the Site you:
- confirm to us that you are over 21 years of age and a non-Muslim, and you have the legal capacity to enter into a legally binding agreement with us, and, if you are purchasing a tasting set or subscription as a gift, that the recipient is also over 21 years of age and a non-Muslim; and
- agree to use the Site in accordance with the Terms.
2. When you create an account, you will be asked to input basic contact information such as your name, date of birth and email address. You will also be asked to choose a password. When you make a purchase, you will be asked to input your delivery address, billing address and payment details.
3. It is your responsibility to keep your account details confidential. You are liable for all activity on your account, including any purchases made using your account details.
1. You may order products from us as set out on the Site. Any order placed through the Site is an offer by you to purchase a particular product or products for the price notified (including the delivery and other applicable charges and taxes) at the time you place your order
2. You may make an order for:
- a tasting set for yourself or as a gift for a recipient (Tasting Sets); and/or
- a subscription to receive monthly tasters of 3 different liquor products from a variety of distilleries, as described on the Site (Subscription); and/or
- a one-off purchase (including products, merchandise, event tickets and other items as set out on the Site) (One-Off Purchase)
3. We may, at our absolute discretion, accept or reject an order. We will notify you of a rejection with reason at the time of the order or within a reasonable time thereafter.
4. Each One-Off Purchase order that we accept results in a separate binding agreement between you and us for the supply of products in accordance with the Terms.
5. It is your responsibility to check the order details, including selected products and pricing, before you submit your order through the Site.
6. When you order and pay on the Site and your payment has been validated, we will provide you with an order confirmation email, which may include an order number, the delivery and billing addresses and a description of what was ordered.
7. Under Malaysian laws, alcohol can only be sold or supplied to non-Muslim persons aged 21 years or older. By placing an order with us, you confirm that you are a non-Muslim of at least 21 years old. You agree that it is your responsibility to consume alcohol responsibly and in accordance with the law.
1. When you place an order for a Subscription, you must choose either an auto-debited monthly Subscription (Monthly Subscription), or a paid upfront 6-month or 12-month Subscription (Upfront Subscription).
2. For Monthly Subscriptions, the payment cutoff date for the next month’s tasting set will be the end of the current month (Billing Date). By choosing Monthly Subscription, you are agreeing to a monthly fee auto-debited from your bank account, debit/credit card, e-wallet. Failure to complete the transaction on each monthly billing cycle will incur delays or cancellation of delivery for your monthly tasters.
3. After each Billing Date, your monthly tasters will be shipped out on the first business day of the following month.
4. For Upfront Subscription, your monthly tasters will also be shipped out on the first business day of each month for the tenure of your Upfront Subscription (i.e. 6 months or 12 months)
5. You may pause your Subscription by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before our Billing Date, for no longer than 3 consecutive months. Our customer service team will confirm the pause in writing. Your Subscription will be reinstated at the end of the pause.
1. We accept payment by bank transfer, Direct Debit, Visa, MasterCard and e-wallets through our payment partner Stripe. Our website and processes are secure.
1. From time to time, we may issue promotional discount codes (via email or other communication methods) for certain products on the Site. To claim the discount, you must enter the promotional discount code at the time of checkout of your next order through the Site.
2. The conditions of use relating to promotional discount codes will be specified on the Site at the time they are issued.
3. Only one promotional discount code may be used at each checkout. If you have more than one, you may use them in your subsequent order.
1. All purchases made through the Site are subject to availability. We do our best to keep products in stock and to keep the Site up to date with the availability of products.
2. We reserve the right to cancel an order, at any time before delivery and for whatever reason, including where there is a considerable delay in dispatching your order, if for any reason we cannot supply the products you order (e.g. an event beyond our reasonable control) or if products ordered were subject to an error on our Site (for example in relation to a description, price or image).
3. We will contact you using the details you provided when you placed your order. You may choose to receive a refund or to place your order on backorder. If you choose a refund, we will refund you your purchase cost minus a 2% admin fee within 7-10 business days. If you choose to place your order on backorder, we will contact you to arrange delivery once the products are available.
4. For Monthly Subscription, you can cancel your Subscription and terminate these Terms at any time by emailing email@example.com at least 48 hours before our Billing Date. You will receive a confirmation email from us. If you cancel your Subscription after the Billing Date, you will still be charged the Subscription Fee and your product will still be delivered to you the following month. Your cancellation of the Subscription will be effective for the subsequent month after.
5. For Upfront Subscription, we generally do not offer cancellations of our Upfront Subscriptions. However, in exceptional circumstances, please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. We may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to and use of the Site and terminate these Terms, if you breach the Terms (including your obligation to pay the Subscription Fee, and including if we believe that you or any recipient of the products is not legally entitled to take possession of and use our products) and the breach cannot be remedied or is not remedied within 5 business days of us notifying you of the breach.
7. If your Subscription is cancelled and you later decide to re-subscribe, you will be charged at the then-current Subscription Fee.
1. For all Subscriptions, we will try our best to ship out your items on the first business day of every month.
2. For all non-Subscription items (e.g. Tasting Sets, etc on our Gift and Shop section), we will try our best to ship out within 3 business days.
3. You, your authorized representative, or the recipient of a gift or their authorized representative, must be at the delivery address to accept delivery. Our delivery partner will call you or the recipient based on the contact details stipulated on the Shipping Address during the Checkout process.
4. All our products include free delivery within Peninsular Malaysia. Should the items fail to be delivered to a recipient, we reserve the right to redeliver the next business day and at a delivery fee that will be chargeable.
5. We are shipping to all of East Malaysia (i.e. Sabah and Sarawak). However, do bear with us as delivery to East Malaysia (especially Labuan) may take 7-14 days from date of shipping.
1. If there are any issues with the products you receive, please contact us at email@example.com immediately within 72 hours of delivery, with details of the issue and any accompanying photos or descriptions. Any issues raised after the 72 hours window will be entertained on a case-by-case basis with rights reserved to the decision of the management.
2. If you have received the incorrect products, please do not dispose of or tamper with the products, and instead contact us immediately, and we will arrange for replacement products to be sent to you. We will pay the postage fees for the incorrect products to be sent back to us, provided that the products and their packaging have not been opened or tampered with.
1. All intellectual property (brand name, logos including copyright) developed, adapted, modified or created by us or our personnel (including in connection with the Terms, the Site and the products) will at all times belong to us.
You must not, without our prior written consent:
- copy or use, in whole or in part, any of our intellectual property;
- reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any of our intellectual property to any third party; or
- breach any intellectual property rights connected with the Site or the products, including (without limitation) altering or modifying any of our intellectual property; causing any of any of our intellectual property to be framed or embedded in another website; or creating derivative works from any of our intellectual property.
1. You may be permitted to post, create, upload, or otherwise submit content (Submit), such as reviews, tasting notes, testimonials, comments via your account (User Content). You must submit User Content in accordance with the Terms.
2. We ask you to limit your discussions to topics which are relevant to the Site and the products.
3. We reserve the right to remove any reviews or comments which we, in our sole discretion, deem to be in breach of these terms including the ‘Exclusions’ clause and deem to be inappropriate including posts that:
- defame, harass, threaten, stalk, menace, track, monitor, hurt, mistreat, offend or otherwise hurt any person;
- use obscene or foul language;
- include link(s) to inappropriate, offensive or illegal material in any User Content;
- could be considered intolerant of a person’s race, culture, appearance, gender, sexual preference, religion or age; and
- interfere with another user.
4. We are not responsible for the conduct of any user of our Site. You agree and acknowledge that you participate on the Site including by Submitting User Content at your own risk.